Plug and play solution
Just grab your Tsunami accelerator and convert your Amiga 1200 into a new beast.
The board is meant to be used inside the original, wonderful, A1200 case. No modification is required (please!).
Yes! this accelerator is fully 99.999999% compatible with all the demos made for A1200. There have been several tests to ensure high compatibility, comparable to the oldie but goodie Blizard 1230 accelerator. In resume, if a demo works on the Blizzard will also work (even better) on the Tsunami.
As this might sound a little stupid, YES!, the Tsunami is able to work with PCMCIA solutions and clock port solutions.
Timing fix thingy…
Naa, you don’t need to modify your A1200 in order to make this accelerator work. It’s well made.
Use any kickstart
You can use your current kickstart ROM, you don’t need any specially patched ROM version to use this accelerator. It has been tested from 1.3 to 3.X >
Full specs recap:
- 68EC030 QFP CPU at 42MHZ.
- 64MByte of fast-ram.
- 68882 FPU footprint ready and also selectable clock for overclocking the FPU.
- External expansion port for future upgrades (secret stuff, can’t tell) 🙂
- Clockport port (RTC only).
- Compatible with any A1200 motherboard revision.
- Fits in your old o new oldstock A1200 case!!!
- A1100 friendly of course.